Hutchesons City Grill Salary: £35k+ competitive bonus
RUSK & RUSK
Over the last eight years RUSK & RUSK has opened some of Scotland’s most loved dining spaces in The Butchershop Bar & Grill, Hutchesons City Grill, The 158 Club Lounge and most recently The Spanish Butcher, cultivating a reputation as a leading light in the UK hospitality scene. With a passion for design, creativity and pushing the boundaries of innovation within our industry, the RUSK & RUSK venues are well turned out, individual, full of personality and quality driven; with awards ranging from Best Restaurant to Scotland’s Most Stylish Restaurant, we are group who’s prime ambition is to make people feel great, and we love what we do!
Situated in the heart of Glasgow’s Merchant City, Hutchesons City Grill is one of the most iconic dining destinations in Scotland. From serving the freshest of Scottish steak & seafood in the stunning City Grill to pouring the most exclusive of Champagnes in the sultry 158 Club Lounge, to delivering the ultimate in secluded Private Dining; Hutchesons is the ultimate in decadent dining experiences.
The General Manager ensures that the venue operates efficiently and profitably while maintaining the reputation and ethos of the company and is accountable for all business activities assuming complete responsibility for the restaurant and bar as necessary. The GM maintains a clear line of communication with key stakeholders and aims to exceed expectations to keep the business standards at the highest level. The GM works to ensure that all activities are consistent with and supportive of the restaurant’s business plan. The GM delivers revenues and profits by developing, marketing, financing, and providing appealing restaurant service and ensures all employees are performing their job responsibilities and meeting expectations in all areas of their job descriptions.
The right candidate will have a minimum of three years experience as a General Manager within a similar calibre hospitality operation, well versed in managing a multi-faceted venue. You should be a great motivator and the ultimate team player, confident in driving the team forward whilst embracing the company’s core ethos of ‘we make people feel great’. The role requires a dynamic thinker, someone who will thrive at the opportunity to lead the helm of one of Glasgow’s most iconic hospitality venues.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Total Customer Service
• Consistently provide a quality product & customer service experience that delivers total customer satisfaction.
• Model and create an environment that delivers complete customer satisfaction.
• Respond quickly and positively to customer concerns, reactive to solve problems before they reach our guests.
• Only hire staff who demonstrate an ability to consistently deliver exemplary standard to our guests.
• Maintain the restaurant & bar at the level to excel the company standards of quality, cleanliness and service
Training & Development
• Ensure that you are diligent in the recruitment of new team members by implementing a thorough interview process
• Ensure all new-starts are given a robust induction & are given all the tools required to allow them to succeed
• Support all members of the team to strive to excel, providing guidance, training and motivation to inspire them to grow as professionals
• Conduct regular performance reviews, as well as annual appraisals, and identify aspects of each team member’s role that needs to be improved, where you will then coach and direct to ensure that each individual grows
• Hold team members across the business accountable for their own personal performance
• Maximise profitability across the business without compromising standards & customer service • To understand the budget & work to agreed targets on food, drink costs, labour, sundries & laundry etc
• Deliver consistent GP’s across both food & drink
• To ensure that the company control procedures in respect to food production, stock control & portion control are being properly adhered to
• Liaise with Head of Marketing to identify new business development strategies and maintain accurate internal communication
• Control costs through correct stock ordering and minimising wastage, forecasting and managing workload
• Communicate daily & weekly financial targets to all members of the management team as appropriate