RUSK & RUSK
Head of Marketing & Communications
Salary: £ (DOE)
Over the last six years Rusk & Rusk has opened some of Scotland’s most loved dining spaces in The Butchershop Bar & Grill, Hutchesons City Grill, The 158 Club Lounge and most recently The Spanish Butcher, cultivating a reputation as a leading light in the UK hospitality scene. With a passion for design, creativity and pushing the boundaries of innovation within our industry, the Rusk & Rusk venues are well turned out, individual, full of personality and quality driven; with awards ranging from Best Restaurant to Scotland’s Most Stylish Restaurant, we are group who’s prime ambition is to make people feel great, and we love what we do!
As Head of Marketing & Communications, you will be responsible for the strategic planning and execution of the groups marketing & communications programme. From campaign development and execution to overseeing brand integrity to copywriting for press and blogs and ensuring basic graphic design tasks are being handled in a timely fashion; this role really does require a 360 approach to the marketing mix. You will also line manage a small, but highly proficient, team that includes junior marketeers, business development and events staff.
The right candidate will be a highly skilled marketing lead, with strong experience in working within the hospitality, lifestyle or retail spheres, notably with premium scale brands. You should be able to lead by example and display an excellent knowledge across the full marketing mix. A seamless ability to multitask, forward plan and strategise is essential. Confidence, high energy and a dynamic approach to your workload are crucial attributes to being a success within this high paced organisation.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Taking the lead on planning and executing a robust marketing & communications strategy
- Responsible for the performance of all marketing strategies
- Monitor, develop and nurture the marketing and events team
- Maintain an up-to-date familiarity with all key platforms and developments in the marketing sphere
- Overseeing all digital marketing requirements; from AdWord campaigns to web performance and social media marketing implementation
- Take charge of ensuring all required collateral is fully managed; from design to delivery, all business teams should have the tools that they require to perform
- Responsible for managing all 3rd party associates; including graphic designers, printers, press & PR associates
- Fluent in Adobe Creative Cloud; notably with Photoshop, InDesign & Illustrator
- Strong knowledge of CRM & email platforms such as CreateSend, MailChimp, Constant Contact or similar
- Working knowledge of working with Squarespace, Wordpress of similar web development software
- Highly proficient copywriter, with an understanding of press & media requirements
- Basic HTML & coding knowledge is desirable, but not essential
- An ability to take an analytical approach to all campaigns is crucial
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a senior marketing role is essential
- A strong understanding of the hospitality industry, with an appreciation for current trends in the market place is highly desirable
- Previous experience managing and developing a team
- Expert and strategic experience of creating full 360 marketing plans
To apply, click on the button below, attach your CV and tell us why you think you would be a great fit for the role.